The 27th of November 1909 it had been inaugurated the brand new electric implant realized by the Mining and Electrical Company of Valdarno, constituted on 1905, contributing in providing the Tuscan Company for the Electric Enterprises, supplier in the city.
The energy was generated by the Thermo-electric power station in Lignite of Castelnuovo of the Sabbioni, which started its function two years before.
At the end of 1912 the town council decide to stipulate an agreement with the same society for the implantation of electric glow-lamps also in the suburban streets.
The number of electric lamps had been moltiplicated and increased considerably its luminous intensity, if in 1904 the arc lamps were 30, fourteen years later the number would had raised to 160, the electric glow-lamps passed from 65 in 1913 to 92 in 1918.
Later on, after the birth of the Tuscan Company for the Electric Enterprises, the "New Journal", florentine news paper, wrote down, "What deep mercy did does tender gas flames awake".